We are currently looking for an experienced DIRECTOR OF FINANCE who possess drive, charisma and warmth to join our team and direct the hotel Finance & Accounting department to drive the achievement of our goals and financial budgets 💪
As the DIRECTOR OF FINANCE, you are expected to:
Ensure strong Financial Management within a self-accounting environment
· Ultimate responsibility for accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for the Hotel
· Comply with Corporate timetables and policies.
· Ensure that an excellent service is provided through quality input e.g. accurate and timely processing of invoices, banking and payroll transactions.
· Ensure the Balance Sheets are a fair reflection of all the assets and liabilities of the Hotel.
· Prepare the Balance Sheets, ensuring reconciliations are performed for all accounts and that all balances are explained.
· Manage the Accounts Payable, Income audit, Capital and Payroll processes at the property. 📊
· Produce daily bank reconciliations and ensure all items are cleared on a timely basis .
· Enforce strong level of internal control.
Provide focused, innovative and value-adding Management Reporting and Analysis
· Deliver high quality management information and performance measurement that is accurate and relevant both to the owner and the operator.
· Supervise costs control and provide cost analysis to ensure magins optimization.
· Deliver reporting packs and focused commentary on current and future performance, in line with Corporate templates and timeline.
Optimize and develop Systems to improve efficiency and information
· Lead Financial systems set up and roll out for the Hotel. 📈
· Support the implementation of any Financial Systems in the Hotel.
· Ensure proper use and maintenance of Financial Systems.
· Ensure training takes place for users; challenge processes to eliminate non-value adding tasks
· Work with colleagues to ensure that errors are corrected at source and processes amended as required, eliminating rather than correcting errors.
· Continually develop the usage of Financial Systems
In cooperation with Corporate Finance, manage the Property Planning and Forecasting process to ensure that financial plans are consistent with the hotel’s strategic objectives
· Support the General Manager in Hotel strategic planning, focusing on value opportunities.
· Manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotel for all profit and loss lines.
· Ensure a regular cycle of forecasting takes place within the Hotel. Ensure that the content and details are appropriate to the needs of the operation. Drive this process and challenge the forecasting of other departments.